Activities and Homecomings
In keeping with the aforesaid vision TAA has planned to undertake the following activities:
- Formulating and executing activities that benefit the institute as well as the Alumni.
- Bringing out a biannual alumni newsletter as a medium of communication between the alumni and the institute.
- Organizing get-togethers and trips at various venues for active interaction between the members of the Alumni.
- Producing souvenirs for the Alumni.
Alumni Meet 2017
The TERI-SAS Alumni meet 2017 was held on November 10, with a carbon neutral theme sponsored by OIL. The purpose of the meet was to strengthen the Alumni body with different ideologies and to foster interactions with the students.
The event started with a welcome address by Dr. Leena Srivastava, Vice Chancellor, followed by Dr. Rajiv Seth, Pro-Vice Chancellor. The working committee members of TERI Alumni Association (TAA) presented the vision and mission of the association for the next five year period, and requested the contribution of the Alumni in form of knowledge sharing and sponsorship. The open suggestion round from the Alumni resulted in suggestions like inter-batch interactions, alumni newsletter and an online portal for feedback and experience sharing. Mr. Ashish Nandan and Mr. Sandeep Swain were felicitated for their contribution to the TAA.
The event saw a variety of cultural performances put together by the current students of the Institute. A fun quiz round was conducted to judge how much do the students and the Alumni know about the TERI-SAS campus. The common lunch provided an opportunity for the current students, the Alumni and the faculty members to interact amongst themselves. The day ended with a vote of thanks by Mr. Prashanth Varanasi, the current Secretary of TAA.
TAA is a registered society under Societies Registration Act.
General Body of TAA/Membership:- The General Body consists of the following Members:-
- (a) Life Members - All students who have successfully obtained any Degree/Diploma from the TERI SAS.
- (b) Staff Members - Any ex-staff member who has worked on a regular basis may opt to become a Member.
- (c) Others- Any ex-student or ex-staff member who does not fulfill the above condition may on recommendation of the Executive Committee be admitted to the Association on payment of the appropriate fee.
-The General body meets at least once in a year at the Annual General Body Meeting (AGM). -The Membership Fee for all members are decided by mutual discussion between TERI SAS & TAA. At present no fee is levied on members.
Executive Committee(EC) of TAA :- The executive authority of the association.
- (i) The Vice Chancellor: Dr Leena Srivastava - Chairperson
- (ii) Distinguished Alumni: (Vacant) - Vice Chairperson
- (iii) VC Nominee : Dr Ranjana Ray Chaudhury - Member
- (iv) The immediate Past President (who has completed 03 yrs in EC): Mr Ashish Nandan - Non voting member
- (v) Six Alumni elected by AGM for a 03 year term - Members:-
|Name||Academic Programmes||Batch||Email ID||Current Organisation Name||Designation||Elected Member of EC Upto|
N.B President and secretary are elected for a period of one year by elected member of the Executive Committee from amongst six members elected by Annual General Body Meeting.
The alumni association was set up with the vision to instill a lifelong commitment among the alumni towards the Alma mater and to promote a strong student-alumni connect and attract the alumni to Deemed University services like facilitating scholarship funds to help needy and deserving students of TERI SAS, felicitating outstanding project work and research papers and recognizing notable community service.
Alumni Association Office
Plot No. 10, Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj
New Delhi- 110070 India
Jai Kumar Gaurav
Alumni, TERI University