Faculty Position in Department of Business and Sustainability
Area of specialization: Marketing/Strategy
- Candidates should have a good academic record with a doctoral degree, and an experience of a minimum of 6-8 years in either or both areas listed above. Experience/expertise in sustainable marketing/sustainable business strategy is desirable.
- S/he should be able to demonstrate scholarship in terms of design and delivery of courses, publishing in peer-reviewed journals, undertaking research projects, conducting management development programmes, and in contributing to programme management and overall institutional development.
Interested candidates should apply online. Apply under “Department of Business and Sustainability". Those who have applied earlier need not apply afresh.
Guest Faculty Position in Department of Policy Studies
DEPARTMENT OF POLICY STUDIES is looking for a Guest Faculty to teach Growth Economics, a second semester core/compulsory course in MSc Economics Programme.
Title of Modules in the course:
Introduction; Cross country differences in Income; A narrative on India’s economic growth; Harrod-Domar Model; Kaldorian and Kaleckian Growth Models; Solow Model; Solow Growth Accounting; Neo-Classical Growth Models: Introduction; Models with Overlapping Generations; Empirics: Cross-country Differences in Economic Performances; Endogenous Growth Models; Institutions and Economic Growth; Human Capital and Economic Growth; Environment and Economic Growth
Qualification: As per the relevant UGC regulation for recruitment of Assistant Professor
1. A PhD degree/submission of a PhD thesis on a topic connected with Growth Economics
2. Prior experience in teaching Growth Economics or any other related subject at post-graduate level
Remuneration will be based on the actual hours of teaching (INR 2000/- per hour) and days of travel for teaching (INR 10/- per km on production of bill or INR 500/- whichever is greater)
Period of engagement: January 2019 - May 2019
Number of lecture hours: 56
Interview is likely to held in the second week of December 2018. Outstations candidates may appear via Skype or other such means. No TA/DA will be paid to applicants, however.
Last date of application: November 30, 2018.
- Provide the department and administration section with support (e.g. filing, emailing and data entry)
- Relay applicants for new admission concerns to the appropriate faculty
- Review and submit documents to HoD/PC and other interested parties
- Schedule and organize meetings of Department & Programme in consultation with HoD/PC.
- Maintain department/programme files and add new information as it becomes available
- Help HoD/faculty of department fill out paperwork/data in portals and attend to various correspondences
- Coordinating processing of Bills related to faculty projects.
- Maintain inventory of department office and other supplies
- Update computer and take backup of file systems on a weekly basis
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the University
- Bachelors Degree in any discipline
- Candidates with more than 1 years of experience in the general administration and good communication skills would be preferred.
Key Skills /Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Should be an enthusiast, meticulous and action-oriented
- Should be a team player and a master in utilizing limited resources for optimum outcome.
- Ability to work under tight time-frames.
- Ability to multitask on need basis.