Jagriti Dabas, Siddham Gaur, Vikash Shivhare ( MSc-GeoInformatics, Class of 2013-15)
Venture :JSV SPATIAL CONSULTANTS
"JSV Spatial Consultancy is all about perfect alignment between nature and technology because our world exists in space, works on technology and is because of nature. And the amalgam of these three words is what you call as GEOSPATIAL SERVICES. Working on the basic fundamentals of GIS and Remote sensing and integrating it into a multidisciplinary approach, we are providing solutions, services and related geospatial product for everything that exists in SPACE.
Basically, our primary interest is to integrate our skills with natural resource management as we have had a work exposure with organizations like CSIR-NGRI, ASI, Airport Authority of India (AAI) , National Institute of Malaria Research (NIMR) , National Institute of Hydrology (NIH) , Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) wherein we worked on different domains like 3D modeling of Landscape and Aquifers,GPS surveying using GAGAN , network analysis, geostatistics, urban heat island, Land use/ Land cover dynamics etc.
Starting from government agencies, NGO’s, corporates to normal end user who has a tendency to use Internet for every small need is our target customer. The main USP of our start up is that we are not restricted in one domain of geoinformatics. We are extended to each and every sector of society like utility management, smart city development, e- governance, aviation sector, precision agriculture, etc., are just few names. We don’t use geoinformatics as a tool but as a technology in order to make sustainable growth and development in which ever field it is applied, giving a whole new resonance to conventional problem solving methods."
Satvik Manaktala ( MBA-BS, Class of 2012-14)
It is a healthy sipper which aims at good health for everybody because healthy living is the best way of living.
We at Jeevayu deliver our customers a shot of healthy juice every morning. We make sure that each sip is absolutely fresh and hygienic.
We are in expansion mode and soon coming up with organic milk and home delivery of fresh vegetables.
Piyush Sohani , Koushik Y. ( MTech-REEM , Class of 2011-13)
Venture :SUSTAINEARTH ENERGY SOLUTIONS
It is a social enterprise that identifies rural energy issues and solves them by developing products and services based on clean energy.
Rohit Sadaphal ( MTech-UDM, Class of 2013-15)
Eckonirmitee is a company working on
A. Developing Carbon Capture, Sequestration and Storage products
B. Climate Resilient Infrastructure Development in the areas of Water, Waste, Housing and Transportation in Draught prone Rural Maharashtra, Mumbai and Pune Metropolitan region.
Devakshi Nayar ( MA-SDP, Class of 2011-13)
Venture :HOPE COLLECTIVE
About: retail products made by beneficiaries of NGO’s and social enterprises, or merchandise offered by them that contributes towards a social cause, be it products made by prison inmates, or merchandise by wildlife conservation trust, candles made at blind schools, or handicrafts made by villagers.
Palak Aggarwal ( MA-SDP, Class of 2010-12)
Venture :BATTIGHAR FOUNDATION
Alok Raj Gupta ( Msc-Economics, Class of 2009-11)
Venture : ENVECOLOGIC
ENVECOLOGIC is a new age energy and sustainability firm seeking to understand and propose solutions to the global challenges of energy crisis, global warming, climate change and fast depleting natural resources. In these times, where complex multi dimensional environmental problems are emerging everyday, we seek to provide you with customised and cost effective solutions which minimise the impact of these phenomena on business strategies and policies.
Envecologic was born with a synthesis of "Environment" and "Economic Logic". We rely on our Thought Leadership, Research & Advisory and Workshop & Training capabilities to address the aforementioned challenges.
Chandra Prakash Kamana( MA (SDP) 2010-12 BATCH)
Venture :Siva Kameswari Coir Industries
Siva Kameswari Coir Industries have their manufacturing unit in Modekurru village of East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh. The company is involved in manufacturing and supplying a comprehensive range of Coir Products which includes Coir Fiber, Coir Yarn, Coir Pith, Coco Peat (Organic Manure), Handicrafts. Apart from their regular production they are involved in the innovative products based out of coconut and coir. The main driving force of the company by the two energetic young engineers, Mr.Krishna Sai Kamana is a Founder of Siva Kameswari Coir Industries. He holds a Mechanical Engineering degree from JNTU Kakinada and Co-Founder Mr.Chandra Prakash Kamana holds a Mechanical Engineering degree from JNTU Kakinada and also holds a Master’s degree in Sustainable Development Practices from TERI University, New Delhi and a Certified Global Development Specialist from the Global Association MDP, USA. Mr.Chandra Prakash has 6.5 years of experience in the development sector especially working in the Rural Livelihood enhancement projects for the organization like SERP, Invent for India and SPIED. The company was started with 10 Lakhs initial budget in 2015 with in a span of three years the company scaled to 1 crore and a monthly turnover of 10 lakhs and providing employment to 30 members. Out of which 20 members are women. Emphasizing on Sustainable Development Goals 5, 8, 9 and 13.
The innovative projects handled by SK Coir team are:
- Developed a Husk edge cutter machinery where this machinery is developed by the own R&D funds up to one lakh rupees. This machinery is highly used in supplying the Coco Husk Blocks to grow orchid plants to Chintapalli Horticulture Research Station. In this project we supplied 17,000 Husk block units
- Rural women empowerment through the Coir Fiber based handicrafts. The basic skill trainings are provided to the identified local 20 women to learn various products like Bird Nests, Handmade Health pads and table mats, different animal products. With this initiative a women can earn a monthly Rs 6000-9000/- Bird Nests are missing in our urban spaces so it is a need of the hour to help the birds with these nests.
- Cocopeat based organic manure which is highly farmer friendly, have various applications in Horticulture, Floriculture, nurseries, home gardens, etc. By using this manure you can grow your own veggies in your balcony spaces.
- Won the best Innovation award in International Innovation Fair 9-11 September 2017 at Visakhapatnam.
- Won First Prize in Best Stall in Technology category at NIRD-RTP Exhibition held in Hyderabad from 30th November to 4th December 2017.
- According to Worldwatch Institute, many bird populations are currently declining worldwide, with 1,200 species facing extinction in the next century. The biggest cited reason surrounds habitat loss. –Information from Wikipedia.
- At a time when birds are losing their natural habitat due to deforestation, there are talks over the possibilities of making artificial nests for birds.
Huge concrete jungles had come up now a days and almost all the trees had been cut for housing and other purposes. As a result, the habitat of house sparrow was lost and there was a danger of its extinction in India. Looking at this, he learnt making nests of this bird in the same way as the bird makes and started placing the artificial nests on the balconies, roofs of the houses on both sides of the river. Surprisingly, the birds started living in them and even laid their eggs in these nests.