The Centre for Post Graduate Legal Studies at the TERI School of Advanced Studies offers Ph.D. programmes in Legal Studies in areas related to sustainable development.
- Shortlisted applicants will be asked to appear in a written test at TERI SAS - After the written test, the Centre would conduct an interview.
1. No. of seats available of PhD admission in July 2019: 08
2. Preferred areas of research interest:
• Law and Sustainable Development
• Infrastructure, Law & Sustainable Development
• Corporations, Law and Sustainable Development
• Natural Resources, Dispute Resolution and Law
• International Trade Law and Sustainable Development
• International Investment Law and Sustainable Development
• Mining, Law & Sustainable Development
Admission will be made based on written tests and interview. A weightage 70% to the written tests and 30% to the performance in interviews shall be given. Written test will have two papers of equal weightage. Paper I will be on ‘Research Methodology’ which will be a common paper for admission in all departments of the University. Paper II will be department/subject specific.
4.Syllabus for Paper II Applicants are required to answer questions under any THREE of the following sections
1. Constitution of India
2. International Environmental Law
3. Environmental Law in India
4. Corporate Law
5. Infrastructure Law
6. Dispute Resolution Law
7. International Trade Law
8. International Investment Law
9. Mining Law
5.Method of examination for Paper II:
Questions in Paper II are short essay questions and answers will be evaluated to assess candidate’s critical thinking, expression and research abilities to understand their ability to do research in an interdisciplinary way.
Contact Dr Vishnu Konoorayar (Vishnu.firstname.lastname@example.org) for any query related to PhD admission in Centre for Post Graduate Legal Studies.