Contact the Faculty
Meet our faculty
- Dr Shresth Tayal Adjunct Faculty
- Prof Suresh Jain Professor
- Prof Prateek Sharma Dean (Academic)
- Dr Kamna Sachdeva Associate Professor
- Dr Chander Kumar Singh Assistant Professor
- Dr Chubamenla Jamir Assistant Professor
- Dr Anu Rani Sharma Assistant Professor
- Dr Sudipta Chatterjee HoD and Associate Professor
- Ms Ranjana Ray Chaudhuri Lecturer
- Dr Nithiyanandam Yogeswaran Assistant Professor
- Dr Vinay Shankar Prasad Sinha Associate Professor
- Dr Neeti Assistant Professor
- Dr Swarup Dutta Assistant Professor
- Dr Vishnu Konoorayar HoD and Associate Professor
- Dr Akash Sondhi Assistant Professor
Master of Science in Geoinformatics at TERI SAS is a two years interdisciplinary program for students who want to develop expertise in and applying geospatial technologies to solve world’s most pressing real-world challenges in environmental, social and economic domains. Geoinformatics is a rapidly evolving field that brings meaningful insights to solve real world problems by bringing together technologies and tools required for acquisition, exploration, visualization, analysis and integration of various spatial data. There are several components of Geoinformatics that include cartographic geovisualization, GIS, Remote sensing, photogrammetry, spatial statistics, geostatistics, multivariate statistics and other advanced tools and techniques.
The core strength of the programme lies in its innovative curriculum that imbues present and future professionals on development and the use of cutting-edge geospatial technologies to emulate real-life problems. Over the period of two years, students gain sound knowledge in the scientific principles behind computational and analytical foundation of Geoinformatics as well as its applications in domains such as conservation biology, urban planning, meteorology and natural resource management through hands-on exercises, training programmes, 8 weeks summer internship, independent study and a semester long major project. Programme has flexible options for choosing elective courses across different departments that support students to build career in the domain of their interest.
WHY STUDY Geoinformatics
Spatial and non-spatial datasets are crucial for studies on environmental and sustainable development planning., The emerging need of geospatial technology has created an unprecedented demand of trained manpower, who can contribute to production and analysis of these datasets. To fulfil the need of such trained professionals, the MSc in Geoinformatics offers a cutting-edge technology, which has the potential of providing consistent and timely information required for natural resource management. The programme, offered by the Department of Natural Resources, is intended to educate students and professionals about Remote Sensing/Geographical Information System/Global Navigation Satellite System and spatial modelling techniques. It also offers elective courses that help students in understanding the interdisciplinary applications of this ever-evolving technology. Students who complete this programme will possess the confidence and skills to attract a wide range of potential employers in both public and private organizations.
This Master’s degree will also provide a structured route to research and development in the area.
WHY STUDY AT TERI SAS ?
- ► TERI SAS started its Geoinformatics programme in 2007 with a mission of building core competence and capacity building in the field of Geospatial technology for natural resource management
- ► The curriculum has been designed in a manner that integrates concepts of Remote sensing, Geographic Information System (GIS), Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) and Sciences for understanding the nexus between human and environment
- ► The uniqueness of programme lies in the applications of geospatial technology in science based decision making, implementing sustainable development goals and positioning the country towards meeting its global commitments and targets
Where will the Degree Take You?
- ► The students who complete MSc Geoinformatics programme possess the requisite skills to work in corporate sectorin both public and private organizations in India and overseas
- ► Our students have secured placements at corporates such as ESRI, RMSI, Pitney Bowes among others and esteemed research institutes/organizations such as ISRO centers, other Government organizations and academic institutions. Several students have also initiated their own startups.
Student Participation / Achievements
The students are encouraged to participate and present their research work in national and international events such as seminars and conferences and workshop
MSc Geoinformatics alumnus received gold medal for topping MSc Geoinformatics programme
Ms Florencia Tuladhar, alumnus, 2013–15 batch received the award in recognition of achieving the gold medal from Government of Nepal for the getting first position in MSc Geoinformatics programme from TERI University.
MSc Geoinformatics students stood second in the GIS Quiz organized at the 14th ESRI India User Conference
A team from Department of Natural Resources, TERI University (Ms. Deepika Mann, Ms. Bakul Budhiraja, and Ms. Florencia M Tuladhar) received the award for GIS Quiz competition in the 14th ESRI India User Conference, held in December 2013 in New Delhi.
2013-14 Student received Best Oral Presentation Award in the 14th ESRI India User Conference:
Mr. Abdulhakim Ahmed, student, MSc Geoinformatics received Best Oral Presentation Award in the 14th ESRI India User Conference held in December 2013 in New Delhi. His work was on "GIS and remote sensing integrated for malaria risk mapping, the case of Kersa district, Ethiopia".
International Conference on Urban Geo-informatics
The international conference on Urban Geoinformatics was held on 22-23 February'2017 which provided a platform to share and discuss the advancements in Geospatial Technologies in urban and related discipline.
Capacity-Buidling in Geospatial Technologies
21 Days training programme on "Capacity-Buidling in Geospatial Technologies" was held on 1-21 December 2016 where students from various institutes and universities participated.
GIS Day 2016
The event was organized on 16 November 2016 covering a wide range of topics on GIS and its applications.
The TERI SAS offers 2 scholarships to Indian and international students with the support from sponsors. Scholarship is offered to support outstanding and highly motivated candidates who intend to pursue a masters' programme.