Faculty Position in Department of Business and Sustainability
The Deptt. of Business and Sustainability at TERI SAS, a pioneer in teaching and research pertaining to business sustainability was established with the mission to create a pool of human resources through evidence and research-based learning ready to adopt an integrated approach to sustainability in management practices. The department has two flagship programmes MBA (Business Sustainability) and MBA (Infrastructure) and the alumni from both the organizations have made a mark in reputed corporates in India. At the Department of Business Sustainability, teaching in MBA programmes is deeply embedded around the research our faculty is engaged in and the findings of this research reach the classrooms in the form of business cases, practical modules, role playing and publications. The sectoral focus of our research engagements is diverse i.e. on infrastructure, energy, textiles, mining, hospitality, agriculture and forestry, oil and gas and health. The Department is conducting both structured and tailor-made MDPs for leading Indian corporates on Sustainability Reporting, Corporate Social Responsibility, and integrating sustainability in Business where we had participants from diverse industry sectors
Area of specialization: Marketing, operations & Supply chain, Strategy & Corporate Governance
PhD from premier University / Institute from India/ abroad in relevant discipline with consistent academic record
- An experience of a minimum of 6-8 years in either or more areas listed above.
- S/he should be able to demonstrate academic excellence in terms of design and delivery of new programmes and courses, publishing in peer-reviewed journals, undertaking research projects, supervising PhD students and contribute towards overall institutional development.
- The experience with design and delivery of management development programmes is desirable
- Experience/expertise in business sustainability is desirable
Interested candidates should apply online. Apply under “Department of Business and Sustainability". Those who have applied earlier need not apply afresh.
Total number of positions:
Principle Investigator (PI):
Prof Arun Kansal
Department of Regional Water Studies
Nature of Job:
To assist in scoring of innovations and best practices under Swachh Survekshan 2019. Candidate is expected to work for 12 hours a day and during weekends. Work from home may be allowed by the PI after 10 days of working in the office.
Maximum Duration of Job:
January 22- February 15, 2019
Master’s degree related to Environmental studies with proficiency in MS Excel. Preference will be given to those pursuing PhD in TERI SAS.
Rs 1200 to Rs 2500 per day. Remuneration will be based on the years of professional experience after Master’s degree.
Method of Selection:
Walk-in interview by PI on January 21 between 8:30 to 4:30. Second round of interview may be held on January 25 from 8:30 to 4:30.
Six months with possibility of further extension
Post Graduate degree in engineering/ physical science/mathematics/environmental science/ economics with working experience in the energy economics/energy policy/greenhouse gas mitigation analysis.
Research: Energy policy analysis using modelling tools. The job may also require communication with different stakeholders and therefore outstation travel may be required.
- Participate actively in the capacity building activities of the department by collaborating with M.Tech./Ph.D research projects at the Department of Energy and Environment of TERI School of Advanced Studies.
- Organization of workshop/conference.
Rs. 30,000/- per month
Energy and Environment
- Managing Master’s and Research laboratories of the departmental programmes. This includes effective management and maintenance of experimental setups, software tools in IT lab (related to department courses), upgradation and procurement of new experimental tools/software.
- Documentation related to Laboratory and Master’s/Ph.D. programmes including conducting laboratory sessions and helping during evaluation process etc.
- Assisting the department faculties and university administrations in various administrative work related to departmental programmes or courses.
- Any other administrative supports required by the department from time to time.
Diploma in Engineering or equivalent degree/BSc. Candidates from Mechanical/Thermal Engineering/Physics background will be preferred.
Key Skills /Abilities:
- Good written and oral communication skill.
- Proficiency in computer in particular MS Word, MS Excel, email & internet. Additional computer skill will be advantageous.
Rs 30,000/- per month (consolidated).