The TERI School of Advanced Studies (TERI SAS) has commenced the phased implementation of the National Education Policy of 2020 (NEP 2020) that was approved by the Union Cabinet, Government of India, on July, 2020. As an essentially multi-disciplinary institution focused on “knowledge for sustainable development” since its inception, and offering research-oriented master’s and doctoral degree programmes, TERI SAS is uniquely poised to carry forward several of the ideas, initiatives and imperatives detailed in the NEP 2020 document applicable to higher educational institutions. Multiple administrative and academic aspects of the policy have either been operationalized or are in various stages of operationalization. The objective of all our efforts, whether academic or administrative is to:
1. Provide opportunities for lifelong learning for students, faculty members and the general public.
2. Enable and encourage both teaching and learning across disciplinary boundaries.
3. Embed multiple facets of sustainability and equity and into programmes of study.
4. Encourage innovation and critical thinking among faculty members and students.
5. Develop and sustain an academic atmosphere of inquiry and research based on equality and inclusivity.
6. Empower learners and teachers alike to experiment and innovate in terms of research-led pedagogical approaches, learning environments, evaluation methods and scholarly inquiry.